Monday, July 27, 2009

Menu Monday


Today was my grocery shopping/menu planning day. I'd say it was pretty successful. I'm on a $100/week grocery budget, although I like to try and hit the $80 mark. One day, I hope to be wise enough to perfect my shopping strategy and make it on a $40/week budget. In the meantime... between three stores (Trader Joe's, Ralphs and Vons) I spent $81.62... not bad.


Here is my menu for this week:
Sticky Chicken, a crock pot recipe that I got from another blogger, Make and Takes. Rice and steamed broccoli on the side, with a touch of butter and Lemon Pepper.

Skillet Lasagna, courtesy of Food Network Magazine. Maybe a light dessert of Jello with fruit and whipped topping.

Veggie Fajitas. Red, Yellow, Orange and Green Peppers were on sale for $0.99/ea. at Ralph's this week!! Great price!! It always blows my mind how expensive peppers can be. Tortilla chips and Salsa Con Queso.


Bacon-Tomato Cheese Toasts, FNM. Tart Mango yogurt topped with Mango and Strawberry fruit.

Mini Pizzas - easiest ever! Take English Muffins, drizzle olive oil over them and a sprinkle of garlic salt. Toast them in the oven until they get nice and toasty. Toasting them first adds a nice crunch. Put marinara sauce on them, followed by pepperoni and top them off with a heaping pile of mozzarella cheese. Stick them under the broiler (low setting) until the cheese browns. Yummy!!

Bon Appetit!!

No comments: